With winter pretty much here, I searched high & low for some winter riding boots. Of course, with small feet, all the popular brands & styles were not available in my size (I need a EUR 36)! I did come across a couple of brands that would not break the bank, but several of them had mixed reviews. I finally bit the bullet & purchased a pair of Rhinegold Nevis Winter Boots.
– Sizing unfortunately runs large in the foot.
– The gusset feature instead of a zip allows greater adjustment for larger calves
– The ankle area is a little large & “gapey”
– The velcro closures make for easy on/off
– They are super warm, reasonably comfortable although due to large sizing could be better
– Shaft length is good for those with short legs – not too tall!
– OK to ride in but due to large foot size not as secure as they could be.
– Stylish enough to wear with jeans as well as breeches.
I’ve been wearing these boots for about a week. I do like them but wish the foot was a better fit, in which case I dare say I would LOVE them…… I’m pretty tuff on footwear so will see how these cope over the coming months.
What are your favourite winter boots & if like me you have small feet, what boots do you recommend? Feel free to comment below.